Moving home means you also have to relocate your valuable possessions safely. Things like paintings, antiques, and kitchen wares are fragile, which is why they need special attention when you have to move them. If you can’t handle them properly, there’s always a probability of accident and damage.
If you don’t want to end up damaging your fragile belongings, here are five tips to keep them safe during your move.
If you want to protect your valuables, it should start by learning what you have. Although you may have an idea about the things that financially and sentimentally matter to you, taking inventory of all your belongings may prevent some things being misplaced. When making an inventory list, you need to account all the things that you’ve got even the invaluable ones. Remember, having an inventory will allow you to counter check the list once you get settled into your new house to ensure that nothing has been forgotten. If you can, keep the receipts or know the values of the items you’ve included in the inventory. You can use a spreadsheet for tracking your list during the move.
Packing your valuables the right way plays an essential factor in keeping them safe throughout the move. Before you start moving your stuff, it’s essential to figure out the best way you can pack and transport them without compromising their safety. For instance, you can make a strategic packing plan so you’ll know which items need to be handled by professionals like 纽约市搬家公司 or those things you can relocate by yourself. Take note that some valuables without proper packing can be damaged, that’s why professional moving is highly recommended to guarantee your possessions’ safety.
- No matter how far you’ll have to relocate, ensuring the safety of your belongings should always be one of your priorities.
- Fragile items such as musical instruments, antique pieces of furniture, and many more should be appropriately packed since they’re sensitive to temperature changes.
- If you’re using movers for the move, ask them about their plans on how to protect your belongings against cold, heat, and moisture.
- Don’t forget to label the moving boxes once you’re done with packing. If possible, indicate the words, “fragile or handle with care” to inform the movers about what they should do with your boxes.
- When it comes to small items like tablets and jewelry, the best way to keep them safe is to carry them with you. Pack every item using a protective case or appropriate container.
- Know if your valuables are covered by your home insurance. If it’s not, it’s best to purchase additional insurance to make sure your fragile and expensive items are insured throughout the transition. After all, insurance options from moving companies can ensure you’ll get the full value for your damaged or lost valuables.
Before you start packing, you should consider obtaining quality packing materials. Although you can use old clothes, kitchen towels, or old blankets, packing using these supplies doesn’t make sense with expensive items. To secure your valuables in an efficient and safe manner, you also need to choose the best packing materials for your relocation:
- Bubble wrap – The air bubbles in these materials will serve as a protection for the belongings not to push each other during the transit.
In addition to packing supplies, you should also consider using specialized equipment such as dollies and straps to move your bulky possessions. These heavy items may include computers, piano, large appliances, and so on which are all difficult to load into the moving truck. Make a plan on how to secure and move these things to avoid injuries during the relocation process.
The best and safest way of moving your valuables to your new home is to hire movers. For example, if you’re moving across the borders like New York City, the 纽约搬家公司 you’ll hire will take care of your valuable belongings. This is especially true if you seek help from full-service movers who will be responsible for packing, loading, and unloading your belongings. So, if you want to keep your possessions safe and save money in the long run, using a moving service can be the best way to go.
If you have an upcoming move, the safety of your valuables should be your primary concern. Thus, be sure to follow these five steps and take the preparation process seriously to avoid getting into trouble. Doing all of these things can make the process simpler and convenient.